One of my most successful promotions lately has been Kim Roach’s Traffic Dashboard product. An interesting aspect about promoting it is the fact that it uses Rapid Action Profits for it’s affiliate system. I didn’t know much about RAP previously, but I really liked how Kim was using it for her launch so I decided to do some more research about it.
Rapid Action Profits is basically a complete sales system, and it competes with other popular shopping cart solutions like InfusionSoft, Clickbank and Nanacast. So what does Rapid Action Profits bring to the table?
The first thing I like is – Instant Commissions via Paypal. This is really nice! Don’t you hate the fact that when you promote most affiliate products, it usually takes 30 days or longer to receive payment for your sales? With Rapid Action Profits, you get paid instantly, because the buyer of the product pays you directly via Paypal. This is a great incentive for me, because I can use my sales right away to fund other aspects of my business.
Rapid Action Profits handles this in a pretty unique way. Let’s say you are promoting a product paying 50% commission. The first sale you make will go 100% to the vendor. Then your second sale will go 100% to you, the affiliate. It then continues to alternate in this fashion for each subsequent sale you make.
Using this system provides several advantages. The big thing for me is that it prevents affiliates from buying products using their own link. This is because the first sale always goes 100% to the vendor, plus RAP has a mechanism self purchases as well. This is great for both vendors AND affiliates.
If you promote Clickbank products, you know this is a huge problem. How many Clickbank sales do you think you have lost because someone decided to buy an affiliate product using their own link, even though you were the first to cookie them? I’m guessing A LOT, since it’s so easy and tempting to do.
This system also makes things much easier for the vendor as well. Since they are not paying affiliates directly, they don’t have to deal with cutting checks and sending out 1099s and things like that. They also save on fees as well. Clickbank has an almost 9% processing fee while going through Paypal is about 3% per transaction.
Other Rapid Action Profits Benefits
- Easy Affiliate Management System – Affiliates sign up using their Paypal and they have access to a full featured affiliate area with stats tracking, tools, and banners.
- Easily create One Time Offers (OTOs), Upsells and Downsells – Using Rapid Action Profits, it’s easy to create a complete sales funnel for your products.
- One Year Cookie – This is a great incentive for affiliates to refer visitors to your product as they’ll get credit for any purchases their leads make within a year.
- Give Affiliates credit for backend sales – This is optional, but RAP allows vendors to do this with their products. This is one of the things I talk about in my best affiliate program post.
- RAP Plugins – If you want to expand upon the core Rapid Action Profits system, there are tons of plugins that you can purchase for additional functionality.
- One time price – Unlike InfusionSoft and Nanacast with their monthly fees, Rapid Action Profits can be purchased for a one time price of $197 and you can use it on unlimited domains.
The only downside I see of using Rapid Action Profits is the handling of refunds, since it requires affiliates to pay back customers themselves. So far, while promoting Traffic Dashboard, I’ve luckily only had one refund so far. When that happened, Kim sent me an email telling me which of my sales was requesting a refund. Of course I did, but what happens when you have affiliates that refuse to do so? I’m really not sure what happens there.
All in all, Rapid Action Profits provides many benefits to both Vendors and Affiliates. If you’re a vendor looking for a good shopping cart and affiliate system, then you should definitely give RAP a look. And if you’re an affiliate, don’t be afraid to promote products that are using Rapid Action Profits.
You can find additional RAP products to sell over at RAP Bank.